Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Three old poems, I wrote. mid to late 70's

WINGS OF FREEDOM
I see you as a dove that’s been caged in hell for so long that you have forgotten what it is like to fly free in heaven.
And I, wanting to free you from your cage by more than opening your door, would like to take away your cage forever and more.
But to do this I must show you heaven, and to show you heaven I must first show you what it is made of:
It is made of love, but not a blind love, nor a foolish love, not even a mad love, but a love that is kind, generous, patient, understanding, unfailing, truthful, and free to anyone and anything willing to suffer for it.
For this love has no bars, no cages, nor walls, but the Wings of Freedom.
So to free you from your cage forever and more, I must love you, and I do, with the love that heaven is made of.

BRIDGE TO THE OTHER SIDE
I’ve thought of a thousand stories. A hundred novels have passed in my mind, yet, my hand does not write and my mouth does not speak.
For who, but myself, will hear my speeches, poems, and tales of change?
Yet, as time goes on, I find myself crossing that stepping stone, that gateway, that bridge to the other side.
I will not rush, run, or hurry.
Time is my pace, my mind is my tool, and my heart is my way.
And by this, my novels will be written and my stories be told, as my dance you will behold.
From sunrise to sunset and through the night, I will see my very own sights, crossing that stepping stone, that gateway, that bridge to the other side.
As a poem shows, in part the action, yet lives as a whole this is my goal, the Musical side, my song.
With doors to walk through of a point of view, the important thing is not the other side, but the action of crossing, For this is the bridge to the other side, which is life.

FEELING BEAUTIFUL
You catch the eye of everyone that passes by, Yes, you’re feeling beautiful.
Your world is one of beauty.
Every moment, no matter where, you show that beauty that you know.
Feeling good in what you do, you’ll take life and make it glow, it shows, you’re feeling beautiful. You'll take the shining summer sunset and make it grow with colors untold.
You’ve painted time with an unspoken rainbow of gold, Feeling beautiful.
You're everlasting in your way and you like letting it show with the flowing strength of a mountain waterfall, you’re feeling beautiful.
For you it’s believing in a way that will always grow, as told by the endless bloom that beauty itself knows, being beautiful.


Note: Going through this old stuff of mine, I found a good bit more that I had forgotten I had.
Moving them into digital format will take some time seeings how my job is taking up more time.
The above three had been typed so OCR scanning made this quicker, though scan corrections were still needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment